Thursday, October 8, 2009

Terms Repost...

So, after I updated yesterday I thought that since it had been so long since I updated I may need to refresh everyone on some terms that I will/have used. I know that not everyone knows all of the odd words associated with pro wrestling, so I thought that I’d repost this. Please, if I’ve missed anything that any of you can think of let me know and I’ll update the list.



Face/Babyface: Good Guy
Heel: Bad Guy
Worker: A wrestler
Pop: Good Crowd reaction
Heat: A good crowd reaction for a heel I.E. booing
Over: A wrestler who is popular as a heel or face
Finish: The End of a match
Stick: A microphone
Rat: The Wrestling version of a groupie
Booker: The man/woman/people that decide how that match will go
Smart Fan: Someone who knows the inner working of Pro Wrestling
Mark: Someone who thinks wrestling is real
Marking Out: Giving the reaction that it is real, even smart fans tend to do this.

Getting Color: To bleed in a match.

Kayfabe: Something that is scripted and part of a story.

Hard Camera: The camera that stays facing the ring at all times.

Curtain: The area separating the backstage from the entrance way.

Gorilla Position: The spot right behind the curtain where a wrestler waits to make his/her entrance.

Broadway: When wrestlers wrestle for the entire time limit of a match.

Cutting a Promo: When the wrestler speaks to/at someone or the crowd.


That’s all of the terms I can think of for now, as I said if you can think of more let me know and I’ll update the list. For now this is TTP saying: win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.

No comments: