Thursday, April 10, 2008

My First Post

Hello all,

This is my first post here on my first blog. Let me give you all a little information about this blog as well as myself. First off, this blog is going to be about Pro Wrestling. I've been a fan of the sport since I was a little kid. (Yes I understand that the outcomes are all predetermined, but I still love it. Hey The Ice Capade aren't competition but they are still athletic right?) On this blog I will discuss all the WWE brands of wrestling (Raw, Smackdown, and ECW) and I will also try to keep up on my thoughts about TNA. And I'm sure that I'll have some rants now and then about the indies, as well as ROH (Ring Of Honor).

Now, I have to make it known that my favorite wrestler of all time is the Heart Break Kid Shawn Michaels. I've idolized him as a wrestler since I was 12 years old. (I'll be 23 next month so over 10 years to be a fan of a guy is a long time) He has never ceased to amaze me as a fan and is one of the greatest workers in the busssines.

So, some quick thoughts of Raw from this past Monday. We're two weeks past WrestleMania, and the post Mania story lines are coming into full swing now. I think it is kind of silly that the RAW main event for Backlash is going to be a fatal four-way between Randy Orton (Champ), HHH, Cena, and JBL. We just came out of a multi-man match for the WWE Title at Mania and I think that it is a little too soon for this. But hey, all four of them are great in the ring so I'm sure that they'll all put on a great show.
Also now they have the HBK/ Batista angle. Its not bad so far. I'm not a big fan of "Big Dave" but as long as he has a good ring general in there with him he does all right. Not to mention that Shawn can make ANYONE look good in the ring. As far as the story goes, Batista is pissed off at Shawn for retiring Ric Flair at WrestleMania. He was saying that Shawn should have laid down for Ric, but he let his ego get in the way. Its not a bad angle, I'm not sure who the heel is suposed to be however. I think its Dave, because of the way he's speaking to Shawn. The whole thinkg between HBK and Ric was that Ric wanted him to bring his A game to Mania. It could well, and could work as a catylist to turn Batista heel. Or it could turn Shawn heel, but I doubt that will hapen as Shawn is very religious and probably wouldn't want to work as a heel.
As far as the matches from Monday, average things mostly. Nothing bad, nothing that made jump up from my seat. The Highlight Reel segment with Chris Jericho, Shawn, and Batista was great. The finishes for the main event as well as the match that put HHH in the main event for Backlash were good as well.

That's all for this moment, I'll make another entry soon. Next time, I'll discuss what I think can help Pro Wrestling a bit as well as Tag Teams. Until next time, this is TTP saying: Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.

No comments: